Saturday, April 12, 2008

No works? It worked!

My works mentality has gotten a terrible blow to the head. date i say fatal? probably not, but here's my story...

you know how i say it's 90% listening, waiting, watching, downloading plans and the rest adds up to 10% of my own real 'preparation'. well, this week i heard God say my assignment in 'preparing' for this conference -- the MOST IMPORTANT thing i was to do to prepare was to stay close to Him. that's it. stay close. so i would try to think of Him more throughout my day, worship, listen to teachings, etc. i mean, i really hoped to plan some things for the conference as well, but i knew the most important part of my leadership at this prophetic conference would be to make sure things were right in my relationship with God so i could be a vessel to HEAR HIM and follow His leadership as we went.

The crazy thing is i never did get any activities 'prepared'. i brainstormed some possibilities with some friends last night and grabbed armloads of possible tools this morning when i got to church (percussion instruments, flags, scarves, etc for worship workshop times) and that was the extent of my prep. other than my folders of "possible" music for the band to pull from.

the outcome? God was with us. the activites/ideas flowed "just right" throughout our morning. part of me loved not having a plan in my head which i would first have to get rid of if God changed direction and planned things in the moment for each class, each kid. total craziness that He would be that interested -- honestly, it seemed He was the one actually running these classes - handing us the ideas as we went. Our job was to stay close to Him, listen, respond, mix it with our own personality and experience (which He has given us as well!) and have courage to do it.

I can't say i'm yet in favor of giving up 'planning' all together, but this was a serious encouragement and personal workshop time for me to put priority on my private life with Him as preparation and staying open and close enough to say "God, what are you doing right now, how can i partner with that right now."

[Final thought] Preparation?? My whole life has been preparation for what happened this weekend at the vopkids prophetic conference. amen.

No comments: